November 06, 2014

Pear & Raspberry Porridge


If you're anything like me I'm constantly on the lookout for healthy breakfast options for not only myself but my kids, particularly something they love!

I set out to prove to my husband wrong who believes that porridge is not porridge unless it's been topped with a generous sprinkling of brown sugar. My aim was to create a topping that was mildly sweet but also nutritious

I've been experimenting for a while now and have finally come up with a recipe that is low in sugar and super tasty. This is a thermomix version but is very simple to convert to normal use!

Pear & Raspberry Porridge

INGREDIENTS

1 pear, cored and cut into 4 pieces
1 apple, cored and cut into 4 pieces
50g frozen raspberries
1 medijool date
180g oats
1 Tb chia seeds
800g water
1 pinch sea salt

Topping
25g chopped macadamias
30g sunflower seeds
30g pumpkin seeds
30g coconut flakes or shredded coconut
1 Tb honey

greek yogurt to serve

METHOD

1. Place pear, apple, raspberries and date in thermomix and blitz together speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down edges
2. Add oats, chia seeds, water and sea salt and cook 11 mins 90 degrees reverse speed 2
3. While oats are cooking place sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a saucepan and brown on low heat for 3 mins. Add coconut flakes and macadamias and cook for a further 2 mins. Add honey and remove from heat.
4. Once oats are finished cooking serve up onto individual plates top with a dollop of greek yogurt and topping. 

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. • Nice and good article. It is very useful for me to learn and understand easily. Thanks for sharing your valuable information and time. Please keep updatingAzure Online course Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN
POWERED BY BLOGGER